Wilcox Heavy-Duty Performer
"The Performer is the only tillage tool on the market representing a complete tillage strategy - from post-harvest to spring planting, lay-by and side dressing - especially suited for fields with drip tape irrigation."
The Wilcox Heavy Duty Performer is a maximum versatility, multifunctional ground driven mulcher (no PTO required) with both minimum tillage and conservation tillage functionality. It combines conventional, multi-pass tillage and bed operations (listing, lay-by, pre-working beds, side dressing, etc.) into one or two pass completion at exceptional cost savings.
The heart of the Wilcox Performer is the Wilcox ground driven Spiral Reel™ rotor designed to provide seed bed finishes at a level only found with slower, more expensive to operate PTO driven mulchers. Besides a finished seedbed, this multi-action rotor also provides complete herbicide and fertilizer incorporation along with a greater degree of mulching and trash break up.
But that’s only the beginning. Combined with options that include a fluted coulter gang, chisel shanks, clean out shovels and bed shapers, and often teamed with a Wilcox Eliminator or Wilcox In-Furrow Chisel, Wilcox Performers provide advanced tillage solutions customized for each grower’s specific needs that clearly outdistance the competition and put the Wilcox Heavy Duty Performer in an advanced tillage solutions class all its own.
The WILCOX APPLIED DESIGN TECHNOLOGY™ demonstrated by the Heavy Duty Performer includes:
- High speed, low maintenance, ground driven coulter for multiple bed widths or flat ground.
- Chiseling and mulching operations for an entire bed, while shaping and finishing as well, using the adjustable, rear shaper assembly.
- Listing/shaping multiple width beds, with bed heights ranging from 0” to 12”
- Minimum till of tomato beds
- Reclaiming drip beds
- Complete fertilizer and herbicide application
- Since the Performer has no lateral tillage action, it drafts much straighter than disc type units.
- Bed shaper breaks clods and seals in bed moisture, eliminating disk pan problems from conventional disking operations since no disks are used in the Performer design.
- Bearings are protected with debris guards and last longer because they are not subject to side or thrust loads.
Contact your Account Manager today for a demo!