National Ag Day 2021
For 48 years, National Ag Day has provided a perfect opportunity to showcase the importance of agriculture. Celebrate the occasion and educate your community with one of these 5 ideas!
- Plan a ticketed farm-to-table dinner as a fundraiser for your FFA chapter.
- Host a farm carnival. Have a petting zoo, tractors to climb and a maze made from hay bales.
- Organize an event for local farmers, like a breakfast or chili cook-off. Consider including an awards ceremony to recognize their contributions to the community and agriculture as a whole.
- Coordinate with a local elementary school to teach an agriculture lesson. Plant seeds in cups, draw the life cycle of a butterfly or make butter in a jar using locally sourced cream. Need to interact virtually? Join the class via Zoom or record a short educational video for the teacher to show.
- Take over the school newspaper for a special agriculture edition. (If your school doesn’t have one, create one for National Ag Day.) Feature local farmers, students’ supervised agricultural experiences, quizzes, and interesting facts.
For more National Ag Day resources, visit AgDay.org.
We want to thank all of our agriculture clients for their hard work, day in and day out, to feed and clothe the world. On March 23, 2021, we celebrate all that you do for our communities!